For employees to stay motivated and empowered, training should be provided by companies. However, most businesses do not invest in employee training. Training your employees might have costs but it has rewarding results in the long run. Employee training makes employees motivated, empowered and it also increases productivity. It also helps lower down employee turnover costs.
If you are someone who is into business, then surely you have heard about franchising. Franchising is a way of expanding business. It is a license granted to another business owner to sell another company’s goods or services in a specific location. When you have plans to expand your business, you need to be prepared to train your employees. Training gives employees an opportunity to learn and improve their skills.
In this write-up, 3 different industries will be discussed on how to train their employees to get good results:
- Have a Good Start – Having a good start means more chances of being a successful business.
- Ask new employees to do job shadowing with the more experienced ones – This type of job training is time-efficient since tenured employees can still continue doing their tasks while training the new ones.
- Digital / online training – Digital training can save time related problems. These can include videos or webinars which can help both old and new employees understand what are their roles and responsibilities. It would also help if these online trainings have certificates once done.
- Make it a habit to make your training paid and short. Long and unpaid training can be demotivating and make your employees not invested and bored.
- Avoid giving long lectures. Always have tests and assessments in between training courses. This will help you find out the learning pace of your employees and also find out their strengths and weaknesses. Knowing these will help you support them in addressing the things they need help with.
- Having a team leader or mentor will help you with the burden of training employees. You can assign them to train more novice employees so you don’t have to do it yourself. Being a businessman means a lot of things are on your plate so having a mentor or team leader that can train others would not hurt.
- Safety first. Always follow safety precautions especially when you are in the food industry. A lot of things can go wrong if you don’t follow precautions. Safety should be followed including proper sanitation, social distancing and other protocols such proper garbage disposal etc.
Health and beauty
- FInd out what the requirements are. The health and beauty industry is one of the most regulated business industries. Employees should have proper training and should be well-informed of these requirements. Don’t forget to remind your employees of their responsibilities for important work that needs to be done.
- Give out and disseminate training materials. Training materials can minimize your hard work. Make sure to provide your team appropriate and effective training materials to lessen training time and learn at their own pace.
- Provide actionable feedback. Feedback is very important when doing employee training. It helps the employee understand their strengths and opportunities. It helps them target the areas they need to focus on.